Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Making of a T-Shirt Quilt, Tutorial

Hi Ladies, In the next couple of weeks, I will be sharing a Tutorial on how to make a T-Shirt Quilt....





Although I have yet to complete it,  I am really enjoying the process of putting my sons T-shirt Quilt together.  I have found the experience of going through his High School T-Shirts to be a very special journey for me. It is so rewarding to see the T-Shirts from his early days of High School to the T's of completion.  I was afraid to make my daughter a quilt for fear of cutting her T-Shirts wrong.  So I paid a pretty penny and had hers made and yes it is beautiful. But now that my arms are empty nest is empty and I have more time on my hands and maybe feeling the effects of having both my children in College.  I have decided I would make my sons quilt.  There are many ways to make a T-Shirt Quilt..and so many fun things that you can add to make the quilt truly a product of your child's experiences.  I have chosen to embroider special sayings that I know will be meaningful to my son,  not only now but in the years to come.  As he sets out into the world and strives to help those less fortunate...I decided to include the Lords blessing and have the Priest from his High School Brophy, Bless his Quilt.  In doing so I feel the Quilt will be a gift for my son of love, encouragement and inspiration as he starts his first year of college, knowing all that he strives to achieve in this life that God has Blessed him with.

So I will be back later this week with the pictures and information on how to make a T-Shirt Quilt......Until then, here's my sons cat Mufasa,  missing that boy who has now left for college. 

Posted by Picasa

1 comment: